Thursday, July 19, 2012

Torchlight 5k

I have been training for a while now actually it feels like I never stop training for a race. Anyway I ran the Torchlight 5k last night and did my best PR 34.56  I was hoping for 30 but my right foot has been giving me problems and was hurt I am very happy with my time and actually thought I would be much slower than I was.  I kept up with my sister and two friends for the first 1.5 miles and than had to slow down I came in only 3 minutes behind them which I am happy about as well. 
I find that I need to run more outside but the reality for it for me is that with three little kids going to the gym and using childcare is what I can do and run on the treadmill.  I am finding that I really love running and I love what it's doing to my body. So far I am down 15lbs and looking great and feeling great.  I have started weights as well and swimming again, I forgot how much I actually love working out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment