Sunday, October 16, 2011

Grunt Run 2011

Yesterday was my Grunt Run, it was my second "mud" run and it was so much fun. I was reminded of how much I love trail running, and that I really didn't mind all the mud and dirt while I was running.
I have to say this run was pretty hard on me, from the start I was off I just get into a good rhythm to run. It was hard to run the first 1/2 mile and from there on I just couldn't keep up with Aaron. The last mud run we did I was able to keep up for the first 3 miles than I was done running in sand was HARD. This race was all in the woods and on trails, no sand just mud, but man I was tried, I have been fighting a head cold and haven't been feeling well at all this week.
Either way I was in it either I liked it or not, I was thinking as I ran "what did I get myself into" I have marines "helping me stay motatived" so I didn't fall behind, they actually weren't so bad until the very last obstacle which was two sand hills I made it up the first one got to the top of the hill and thought I was going to lose my cookies, but still went running down the sand and than I hit that wall of my body saying THIS IS ENOUGH I walked to the next hill while I walked I heard "THIS RACE ISN'T FOR WALKING, RUN I BETTER SEE YOU RUNNING, RUNNING NO WALKING, RUN" I didn't look at them I just made it up the hill and wanted to die.
My hip was cramping and I could only run for a little bit and I could see the finished line, I had two very great ladies behind me who kept me going. "come on blue you can do it" they kept saying to me, I finished with them, at 1 hour and 17 minutes, not wanted I wanted to do but better than my last mud run.
I did well made it to the finished felt great to finish and have Aaron waiting for me. My ankle is now swollen and hurts and I am sure I will have other injuries from running. I already have shin splints which I still have, heel problems and now I dealing with a rolled ankle. But that is another reason why I run.
I run races to feel great after my run, I run races because I feel alive and free from life, I run races because it's just for me, I run races because I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment