Thursday, October 13, 2011

I need to go running

This week I wanted to run, and run at times run away from the craziness of my family, but I am the Mommy and I can't do that. But I can go running at night. I have tried many times to wake up before Aaron leaves and start my morning out running, but let's face it I am not a morning person and I just can't function later in the day if I am up to early.
I actually love running at night, I am able to realse all the stress from my day and just run. If I ended up yelling to much at my kids are yell just because I can let that stress go. I love to feel the strength I get from running and renewing me, to know that tomorrow is a new day and I can run my frustration away. I put on my music take Rusty with me and away I go, he is a good day he will run with me about a mile and that is all he can do. I am hoping that by the time his Mommy comes back he will be running more than just a mile.
This week has been hard Monday was a holiday and we taught our kids about service work and did some service for another family in Aaron's office. Than on Tuesday Kodi came home early from school with an ear ache and I came down with a cold. I am not feeling 100% at all, in fact I am able to go for about 2 hours and than I crash. I wanted so badly to go running last night but I just couldn't do it. I am hoping maybe tonight I am able to do a little we will see, how I am feeling.
This Sautday is our Grunt Run and I really did want to keep up my running for it, but it just doesn't look like that is going to happen. But I know I will be able to finish and I can't wait. Aaron talked to the Man in charge yesterday and this is a small race not alot of peopl have signed up and there is going to be alot of mud I can't wait. He said they got the his truck stuck in the mud. I am super excited for this race!
My new goal is to run or bike with my two boys at home while Kodi is at school 3 times a week. Now I just need to get in the habit of going right after I drop Kodi off and go running, so far I have found a pretty good trail here and it's 8 miles in so if I were to actually do the whole trail that is 16 miles. I will work my way to that much. I just want to be able to run a whole 5k and not walk any. I almost did that for the Disney Family 5k, but it's a goal I need to keep working at. I LOVE RUNNING

No comments:

Post a Comment