Friday, January 25, 2013

Goofy 2013

The past 8 months I should have been training more for my race, I knew the half would be no problem but the full was another story. Yes life does happen and when you are being both mom and dad you tired and it seems as if you have no time anything yet alone yourself. I needed to be running back to back a short run and a long one. Well I got in my shorter runs that is for sure but for me to find the time and someone to watch my boys was another story.
Needless to say I did not train much for the full, I was scared out of my mind what was I doing and why in the world did we sign up for a Goofy I was happy with either running the half or the full but  to do them tohours apart well is just plain Goofy. I did great for me on the half I did not PR and I'm ok with it, the weather was very hot and I don't sweat very well so I was taking it easy and didn't want to burn out for my full.
As we ran together I knew my husband was wanted to go faster and could go faster than me, so by mile 3 I told him to just go and meet me at the end. Around mile 6 I was wished I haven't told him to go and that he would of just stayed with me, I found some other runners to talk with and at the end I found a Navy guy to run with. He was easy for me to talk to since my husband is in the Navy and we had things to talk about besides running, thankful he got me talking and we finished the half.
The full is another story for two miles into the 26.2 I was done my ankles hurt I wasn't feeling it at all and I wanted to just quit, my wonderful husband won't let me he stayed with me whole time. We found a pacer and stayed with her until mile 15, which is when my body was saying I'm done there is no way for me to run. My IT band on my left side kicked in and well we all know it's super painful to run. So we walked and I believe we ran a mile or 2, but we finished.
I swore up and down I wouldn't do another Goofy and how much I was in pain, but once we got on the bus I took that all back and I am wanted to do the Goofy again I am thinking in 2 years. But I will make sure I am more trained and I will be ready.
It was a great experience and I am so glad I had my husband by my side as we ran, yes it's hard on your body but if I can do it anyone can.

No comments:

Post a Comment